Selasa, 10 Desember 2013

untitle


This story is about a middle-aged man who was feeling very down. Everything had been going wrong for him. He had problems at work and his wife had left him to go off with a lion timer. So, when he had been feeling depressed for over a month, he decided to go to doctor.

He had to wait for what seemed ages in the doctor's surgery. The man next to him was looking at his watch nervously, a woman was coughing badly and a baby was screaming. Finally, after he had been waiting for about hafl an hour, he was called in.

The doctor was writing a note at her desk when he came in. 'Just a moment, i'm just finishing something. I'm afraid we've been very busy this morning.' She then turned to the man. 'So what's the problem?' asked the doctor. 'Well, I've been having a bit of a crisis. You know, lost of problem,' replied the man. 'And i've been doing a lot of work.'
'Mmm, you're looking very pale.' The doctor started to examine him. 'Well, everything is working OK,' she announced afterwards. 'You have slightly high blood pressure and you are breathing quite heavily, but otherwise everything's fine.'
'So what can i do?' asked the man. 'I am going on a trip. I am working in the States for three months. This time next week, I'll be arriving in New York.'

The doctor thought for a while. 'I think what you need is a good laugh. That would do you a lot of good. A circus is performing in town. Why don't you go along to it? I hear there's an amazing clown in town, who will make ypu really laugh. His name is Grock.'

'I am Grock..' replied the man sadly.



take from :
Opportunities Upper Intermediate;
my Students' Book when I'm study at
EFT (English For Teeneger) grade 12

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar